Endometriosis Near Me
Endometriosis is a condition that occurs when endometrial cells travel from the uterus to other parts of the body. Since endometrial cells are what make up the lining of the uterus, their misplacement causes a problem in a woman’s reproductive system. In most cases, the tissue forms on the ovaries, the outer part of the uterus or the fallopian tubes. They may also develop on the intestines, in various parts of the belly, and sometimes even beyond. it is one of the most common causes of infertility.
Immediately seek medical help if :
- Reflux menstruation
- Abnormal functioning of the female hormone estrogen
Your doctor will conduct a physical examination of your abdomen and pelvic and may also request for an ultrasound and an MRI. These imaging tests will determine for certain whether you have endometriosis or not. If these tests prove unsuccessful in detecting the problem, a laparoscopy may also be used. This surgical procedure involves inserting a fiber optic rod attached to a camera into a tiny incision made in your belly button.
- Your usually painless periods suddenly become painful
- The pain is too severe and interferes with normal life
- You have blood in your urine or stool
- You experience any unexplained changes in your menstruation or your bowel movements